sábado, 21 de novembro de 2015

Testimony - Tony O'Dell

Tony O'Dell's Testimony is an extract from TCD Winter News:
TCD Winter News
Our mailing address is: 

Teen Challenge East Dorset

31 Alexandra Road, Poole,


BH14 9BL United Kingdom

Tony O'Dell

Hi, my name is Tony and I grew up in South London. My Father died when I was quite young but life was ok, with no real trouble at home. As I entered my teenage years a big God shaped hole grew inside me. I left school early to work on a market stall in Lewisham and soon began to fill that hole with what I thought was the answer. 

Before long I was smoking cannabis and using cocaine. I got involved with South London's criminal world and my life became uncontrollable. I was introduced to heroin in my late teens, not realising how it would rip my world apart. I spent many years in addiction and after losing everything in my life I came to Bournemouth. I was yearning for something more in my life and the drugs didn't fill that hole. I knew there was something else better for me but I couldn't see a way out.

I never thought l would find the answer in Jesus, I was too 'punk rock' to be a Christian, too 'cool'. Eventually I surrendered, God found me and took me on a journey that would change my life. Six months after giving my heart to Jesus I went to Teen Challenge rehab still on prescribed medication. The Lord broke the chains of addiction that I had lived with for most of my life through the ministry of Teen Challenge.

I now work for a Christian organisation called I.C.N (International Care Network) looking after refuges and people seeking asylum in the UK. I have a new Christian family who supported me through Teen Challenge and I am proud to be part of the Dorset out-reach team. God has done a miracle in my life through Teen Challenge that no one else could do.

Tony was recently presented with a certificate by the Mayor in Bournemouth for his work with Hope Housing. 

The charity provides emergency accommodation for street homeless people and Tony was commended for his hard work and commitment to the project. 


Please, click below if you would like to know more about Teen Challenge East Dorset:



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário