quinta-feira, 22 de setembro de 2011

Sorry, Andrew, you are to remain blind...

Andrew Díaz Russel
2001 and 2002 were a nightmare for me. I had to put up with operations and the information which I was given by my consultant: 

“Sorry Andrew, you are to remain blind for the rest of your days...".

I was converted at the age of 4 but had not been as good a person as I should have been so I thought the Lord was punishing me for all I had done in the past. I was feeling very low and hoped to expire soon, perhaps during one of the operations I was awaiting.

The very year I went blind, I had set myself the goal of reading the Bible in one year but I never thought that I wouldn’t be able to finish it in time. I managed to read up to John 8 on the 31st of August. When I woke up from the coma, Dad decided to read the rest of the Bible to me since I couldn’t do it for myself. He found where the first blank space was in my little calendar and commenced reading.

It was John 9. I listened between tear and tear to the verses: “His disciples asked Him, Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind? Neither this man nor his parents sinned, said Jesus, but this happened that the work of God might be displayed in his life.”               John 9:1-3.                   

Andrew and Uska
I felt much better having listened to those verses in John 9:1-3 though the problems were still there. But, although I still have my low moments, I feel an inner peace I cannot put in plain when I remember Isaiah 41:10:

“So, do not fear for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand".
                                                                                                    Now, I do not mind being blind physically because I know that I am not blind spiritually!

My Lord turns my darkness into light” 2 Samuel 22:29. I know that I will see again, if it is not during my time here, in heaven. And the most important thing I have learned through my blindness is this: 1 Samuel 16:7 says: “For the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart”.

God will not judge us according to our pretty outside. He knows everything including our thought life, the things that are unseen and which embarrass us. Those hidden sins, that shameful deed you can’t shake from your conscience… And yet, God loves us so much there is nothing we may have done or thought that is greater than His love for us. Even though the spotless, perfect, holy God will judge with justice and righteousness, He came to earth so that in Jesus, He would go through our hell on the cross so that we would not have to face that prospect ourselves.

a.diazrussell@gmail.com
He loves you so much He took your place to forgive everything, even the things we don’t wish anybody to see. If you are honest with yourself, you know the things nobody else other than God and you know. Those things already make you a sinner in front of God. Acknowledging it is just being honest with yourself and God.

And yet, do you want to do something about it? Being honest only makes you remain in your current condition but do you follow Jesus as your Lord and Saviour?

Thanks for reading my testimony

Andrew Díaz Russel.

Conclusion by Viriato:

Andrew is attending our Church since 2012. He has a good testimony and he uses all the opportunities to
1996 - Andrew in red before he was blind.
Below, my son Ricardo is first and my son Pedro is third
witness to people about Jesus. If you want, you can contact him by the email above.

Please, feel free to send his testimony to your friends and contacts.

About Andrew's question at the end of his testimony: "do you want to do something about it?"

If you do, I can tell you that you can’t earn eternal life. It is God’s gift to all who humble themselves and come to Jesus. “Turn to God in repentance and have faith in the Lord Jesus Act 20:21.

And He will forgive your sins and give you a new heart.

But, how can I come to Jesus?

Would you like to pray … and tell God that you understand now that you broke God’s law and you can’t earn eternal life, but you repent from all your sins and put your faith only in Jesus?

Yes I want to pray right now.

... I am not blind spiritually...
"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.

I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Savior and my Father.

I would like so much to say like Andrew "Now, I know that I am not blind spiritually".

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."

Amen.

If you did this pray, please before you go to bed tonight read in your Bible about "What shall I do to be saved? In Acts 2:37-38, 16:30-31.

Just to let you know that Andrew and Cristina have married in our Church

Sunny Hill Church, on the 26th April 2014



You can give a look below to another interesting post from Andrew:




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95hUSkOtq

Below, it is Andrew's website:


If you would like to hear Andrew in Spanish, English or Portuguese, please, click below:

Español:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XyXkp98QE0

English:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV8QslpUjSI

Français:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4AUXyJfE_0


Give a look to my post “Mr Good Person” from the Way of the Master – Ray Comfort

http://viriatomartins-religionphilosophy.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/mr-good-person.html


05 01 2016 Andrew interview on TV in Spain.

05 01 2016 entrevista con Andrés Díaz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz-ectAvHbL&feature=youtu.be



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário